How to uninstall kazaaLearn how to uninstall kazaa spyware in our kazaa removal instructions. Kazaa is an adware supported peer to peer software.uninstall kazaa.
What is kazaa and how to remove this spyware
Kazaa Media Desktop is a the most widespread peer-to-peer file sharing program. At the time of writing 330.000.000 users has downloaded Kazaa Media Desktop according to download.com. kazaa.exe is located in "C:\Program Files\Kazaa\". The makers of KaZaA financially support their software development efforts by installing an array of spyware applications when users install KaZaA. Spyware and AdWare applications that KaZaA installs include Cydoor, GAIN, Gator, eUniverse, MyBar, SaveNow, and WhenU.
How to remove kazaa - How to uninstall kazaa Instructions
Simply because of the legal implications, it may be a good idea to uninstall Kazaa. The problem is what is currently installed with Kazaa 3.0 and what can be removed. Follow the instructions below to uninstall the programs and associated files attached to Kazaa.
1) Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
2) Double-click on Add/Remove Programs
3) Find "RX Bar" and click Change/Remove at the bottom of the window to begin its removal.
4) Find "InstaFinderK" and click Change/Remove
5) Find "Need2Find Bar" and click Change/Remove
6) Find "Peer Points Manager" and click Change/Remove
7) Find "P2P Networking" and click Change/Remove. Warning, this program may have already been removed by a previous step. Don't worry if you cant find it in the list.
8) Find "Kazaa 3.0" and click Change/Remove. Once this is removed restart your computer.
Once the computer is restarted, there are still some files that need to be removed. If you run HijackThis, you'll find the following lines still remaining.
O2 - BHO: RXResultTracker Class - - C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\sfcont.dll (file missing)
O18 - Filter: text/html - - C:\Program Files\RXToolBar\sfcont.dll
Check these files and remove them with Hijackthis.
Next, Remove the following folders from the hard drive.
1) Open My Computer, Drive C
2) Double-click on Program Files folder
3) Right-click and Delete the following folders
4) For Advanced Users - Remove the following folders in the Registry
A. Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and click Ok
Now Kazaa and the other associated files should be removed from your computer.
|©Copyright 2005-2008 Free Spyware Removal All Rights Reserved|