What is Internet Optimizer and how to remove this spyware
Internet Optimizer is a browser hijacker that changes Internet Explorer default error and search pages. The threat also displays unexpected pop-up advertisements, attempts to send advertising e-mail messages to all the contacts in the Microsoft Outlook address book and may track user Internet activity. Internet Optimizer can update itself via the Internet. It is installed by some other parasites. The threat runs on every Windows startup.
How to remove Internet Optimizer - Internet Optimizer Removal
- For the Crmrest installer variant, open the Downloaded Program Files folder (inside the Windows folder) and remove the 'Media Manager' entry.
- Open the registry editor (click Start > Run and enter 'regedit') and find the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Delete the entries: 'DyFuCA' and 'DyFuCA Active Alerts'.
- Delete the subkey 'FCI' in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software to clean up.
- Open a DOS command prompt window (For Windows 98 click Start >Programs >Accessories, or for Windows 2000/XP click Start > Run, enter 'cmd'), and enter the following commands :
For the Iopti variant:
regsvr32 /u ..\iopti130.dll
Or, for the Nem variant:
regsvr32 /u ..\nem207.dll
Or, for the Wsem variant:
regsvr32 /u ..\wsem210.dll
- Restart the computer.
- Open the Windows folder, find and delete the following DLL file:
'ioptiXXX.dll' (Iopti variant)
'nemXXX.dll' (Nem variant)
'wsemXXX.dll' (Wsem variant).
The XXX differs for different versions; common versions are 'iopti130.dll', 'nem207.dll' and 'wsem210.dll'.).